COOKING IN A CAMPER CONTEST
COOKING IN A CAMPER - sponsored by VAN DER HILLS NURSARIES
BUSFEST is proud to host the ORIGINAL COOKING IN A CAMPER CONTEST & aims to find the BEST CAMPER CHEF of the year by getting contestants to prepare a 2-course meal in their camper in just 45 Minutes!
This is a judged contest and we will (hopefully) be welcoming back TV Chef & writer MARTIN DOREY as our celebrity Judge again for our 2021 event.
The original and very first COOKING IN A CAMPER COMPETITION was "invented & presented" at the first Vanfest event we held at the showground way back in 1994
Since then it has become a firm favourite at many VW events all over the world l
Martin is well known for his BBC television series 'One Man and his Camper', as well as various books and videos, including the award winning 'The Camper Van Cookbook'. He will be doing cookery demonstrations from a kitchen/ stage area in the Fun Zone, as well as workshops, interactive demonstrations, and pop-in discussions.
Martin will hopefully be on our team as "celebrIty Judges" for this year's COOKING IN A CAMPER competition
- This contest will be starting in the FUN ZONE, (South Marquee Area), at 14.00 on th SATURDAY.
- Entry is FREE and forms for entry will be available from Busfest Information Centre.
- We will (probably) do something different for 2021 but for 2019 we did a vegetarian "Ready Steady Cook" Style event sponsored by VAN DER HILLS NURSARIES who supplied the ingredients.. (Identical Bags of fruit and vegetables) .
Participants decide whether to do 1 starter & 1 main or 1 main & 1 desert and must use at least 1 gas burner inside their bus.
- Competitors are required to prepare, cook and serve a TWO Course meal for TWO persons.
- Time Allowed; 45 minutes
- Competitors must sign on by 13.30 on Saturday.& be ready to commence cooking at 14.00
- All utensils and ingredients must be bought with you to the show as none are provided.
- Please make sure you have a fire extinguisher in case of fire.
- Adequate provision must be made for the disposal of waste water.
# Please Check Location for the Competition – It may be subject to change on the day.
Factors that will be considered during judging include;
- Safe use of utensils & cooker
- Safe preparation of food (Hygiene)
- Variety and Balance of foods
- Suitability of any drinks served or suggested accompanying drinks
- General overall effect
The Competition will be judged by a trained chef who has no connection with BUSFEST accompanied by two other judges.
There will also be a runner’s up prize. Winners will be announced at the end of the competition & prizes awarded.
BUSFEST 2021 PROGRAMME ADVERTS
If you are interested in advertising in NEXT years BUSFEST program for a modest fee please don't hesitate to contact us! BUSFEST 2021 PROGRAMME ADVERTISING BOOKING FORM
Busfest Future Dates
2021 10th – 12th September