OUR FULL 2024 ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME WILL APPEAR IN THE NEW YEAR
FUNZONE – OUTSIDE
What's going on: (Limited on Friday, full program Saturday & Sunday)
- Jennings Funfair
- The 2Men. Our resident crazy & hilarious walkabout duo.
- ELTON WRONG & MUSICAL RUTH whizzing around on his/her mobile piano,
- CHALKIE THE CHIMP - chimping around.
- JunkFish Interactive Children's Activities. Fun for all the little ones. The Hub & Severn Hall
- Animal Antics. All manner of furry fun with animals and creepy crawlies. Severn Hall
- Kenny the Clown. Balloon Modeling . Severn Hall
- Jumuna. Face Painting & Henna Artists. Friday Evening at Busfest Information centre. Saturday at Severn Hall
- Artikids. Come have fun learning to paint. Severn Hall
- Poi & Fire Juggling. Friday & Saturday nights at the DANCE STAGE area
- SoXsighted - Visually impaired Marris Dancers. Saturday 11.00 outside Busfest Information centre
THE BUSFEST "HUB"
Situated on Main Street, it's a massive 3,500 square metre roof structure that forms the centre of our festival, and the ideal place to drop by, meet with friends, chill out, grab a bite to eat or drink, or get involved in the various activities going on in there. With plenty of seating, a bar, a food wagon, children's entertainments, performers, walkabouts, and the Vdub Radio Roadshow,
Vdub Radio Roadshow. Vdub Radio will be broadcasting live over internet radio throughout the whole festival, as well as doing live slots, games, giveaways and guest appearances from their studio/stage set-up in The HUB.
Saturday night 19.00 – 21.00. Vdub Radio will be hosting two hours of Live Party Night Sessions from their stage in The HUB. A great party night with plenty of tuneage to set you up for your travels around all the evening entertainment stages!
The OUTSIDE FUN ZONE is located right outside the BUSFEST HUB & features the VERY excellent JENNINGS BROTHERS FUNFAIR plus a selection of other activities and entertainment that will appeal to most people throughout the day and in to the evening too..
It wouldn't be the same without our crazy walkabouts, and so many of you just love what they do, so we welcome back our 'resident' makers of mirth: THE 2MEN who will be causing mayhem amongst you.
ELTON WRONG & MUSICAL RUTH whizzing around on his/her mobile piano,
And the very naughty CHALKIE THE CHIMP monkeying around.
SoXsighted - Visually impaired Morris dancers will be back with us for 2024
SATURDAY 11.00 – 11.30 11.40 – 12noon Outside BUSFEST INFORMATION CENTRE
Our Fun Zones (Located at the Busfest Hub and the Severn Hall) are in operation throughout the day & feature a wide range of activities that should be of interest to our younger (and young at heart!) Busfest Fans.
The “MAIN ARENA” is located at the Front (Malvern Hills Side) of the Severn Hall and will have lots of “Live” activities going on throughout the days.
We are very pleased to have the THE ESTUNTWORLD INTERNATIONAL STUNT TEAM staying with us over the three days.
With some of the World's best professional riders doing breathtaking and death-defying stunts and a professional compère, this is one breathtaking show you must NOT miss as you go around the festival.
Also in the Main Arena, our unique SYNCRO OBSTACLE COURSE where you can watch these beasts (there's a theme coming out here – can you spot it??) strutting their stuff around our obstacle course.
If that's not enough, over on the North side, next to Yellow Campsite, there is our SYNCRO TRIAL, where they get down and dirty on our specially prepared off-road time-trial course.
This is something we used to do at the earlier events at Malvern which gradually tailed off as the event got bigger & H&S took over.
We have come up with a set of family or club games that both vehicles and people AND CLUBS can participate in.
We are looking for up to 10 teams or clubs to take part in these games which will take place in the Main Arena on the Saturday of the event.
Our “DISPLAY ARENA” is in the stables area will also be in action all weekend and present the BUSFEST SHOW & SHINE Competition on the Sunday.
- Other Vehicle Displays (SATURDAY)
- SHOW & SHINE (SUNDAY)
We will endeavour to keep our Busfest Entertainment programme as near to normal as possible & Include all the elements you would normally expect to see at Busfest
We will be running FIVE MUSIC ZONES at this year’s BUSFEST
- SEVERN STAGE
- THE BUSFEST HUB - VDUBRADIO (Plus LOVE PARADE - Saturday Night)
- SHEEP SHED FRI & SAT NIGHTS DEVIOUS PLUS GUESTS ,
- CHILL STAGE FRI & SAT & SUN TOM DIBB, DRUIDS BREW, PLUS FRIENDS
- DANCE STAGE - KWEENONY
SEVERN STAGE (Our main family stage)
LIVE ACTS FOR 2024 TBA IN THE NEW YEAR
Open from 20.00 to midnight, Friday & Saturday, we have the tuneage being banged out by our resident 'Master of Funk', ANDEEJAY, and a great line-up to entertain you:
THE BUSFEST HUB
Over 3000 square metres of undercover entertainment, a bar, cafe, massive seating & table area, a full stage with sound and lighting, and a residency from our friends at VDub Radio!
As well as operating a 24 hour radio station from the stage (available online at vdubradio.com), there will be a full live DJ set from midday to midnight on Friday & Saturday, and 10.00 to 15.00 on Sunday.
DJ SETS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEARER TO THE EVENT (AUGUST)
- 10.00 – 11.00 Vdub Radio 'Hello' Set.
- 11.00 – 12.00 Vic Whitehouse. Live Lounge.
- 12.00 – 14.00 Craigy M. Live Lounge.
- 14.00 - 15.00 John Alexander. Live Lounge.
- 15.00 – 16.00 Anton. A Face For Radio.
- 16.00 – 17.00 Tony. Smooth Soul.
- 17.00 – 18.00 Simon C. Soulful House.
- 18.00 – 19.00 Ade Ingram. House
- 19.00 – 20.00 The Duke. Tech House.
- 20.00 – 21.00 Paul White. Nightclub Set
- 21.00 – 22.00 Rudy. Dance Nation
- 22.00 – 24.00 Vic Whitehouse. Indie Disco.
- 10.00 – 12.00 Anton. Live Lounge.
- 12.00 – 13.00 Craigy M. Live Lounge.
- 13.00 - 14.00 Saturday Socials
- 14.00 – 15.00 Steve James. Blues.
- 15.00 – 16.00 Angus Taylor. Reggae.
- 16.00 – 17.00 Rudy. Ska & Reggae.
- 17.00 – 18.00 The Duke. Tech House.
- 18.00 – 19.00 Paul White. Hacienda Tribute.
- 19.00 – 20.00 Background music & Sound checks
- 20.00 – 22.00 Live Band: LOVE PARADE
- 22.00 – 24.00 Love to Funk.
- 10.00 – 12.00 Vic Whitehouse. Rattling Dubs.
- 12.00 – 14.00 Sunday Social.
- 14.00 - 16.00 Vdub Radio 'Goodbye' set.
The full Vdubradion DJ line-up will be announced nearer to the event date
THE SHEEP SHED STAGE.
Our open air Rock & Alternative stage that has a loyal following. Full line-up to be announced, but, as Devious run this stage for us, it's safe to assume that they'll be headlining on Saturday night!
The SHEEP SHED is our open air 'Rock' stage, which has gained a reputation for outstanding rock and alternative acts, some of whom have gone on to become well known on the music circuit.
19.30 - 21.00 GROWLER
21.30 - 23.00 RAMMLIED
19.30 - 21.00 TBA
21.30 - 23.00 DEVIOUS
LARGER THAN LIFE..... NO ONE EVER FORGETS DEVIOUS
The Sheep Shed has it's own Facebook page HERE and advertises it's line up on there. Failing that, you can just 'rock' up and join in the fun and see who is playing at the time!
THE CHILL STAGE. (FAMILY & DOG FRIENDLY STAGE)
Situated at the south end of the MAIN ARENA the CHILL STAGE is the Ideal venue to have a picnic or just relax & watch some of the best “Folk Rock” (and Rock Folk) you will find anywhere.
WEEKEND TIMETABLE FOR THE CHILL STAGE WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEARER THE EVENT DATE
- 19:00 Tom Dibb
- 20:00 Daisy Chute
- 21:00 Joe Topping
- 22:00 Druids Brew
- 23:00 Andy Richards
- 12:00 Joe Topping
- 13:00 Daisy Chute
- 14:00 Hannigan
- 15:00 Andy Richards
- 16:00 Druids Brew
- 17:00 Jay and Sideshow Bob
- 18:00 Vdub Radio?? (Still TBC)
- 19:00 Joe Topping
- 20:00 Daisy Chute
- 21:00 Hannigan
- 22:00 Andy Richards
- 23:00 Druids Brew
- 12:00 Hannigan
- 13:00 Daisy Chute
- 14:00 Andy Richards
- 15:00 Joe Topping
- 16:00 Druids Brew
Solo or with Full Band, Get set for a beautifully gutsy performance, as Tom tells his stories with undertones of blues, roots and folk, grown through a forest of soaring acoustic goodness.
A world tour and self drive expedition in his 1989 VW campervan all the way from the UK to Australia in 2016, lay the foundations and inspiration for much of his material.
It fits into mainstream molds, yet also satisfies a deeper creative taste.
We welcome Tim & the Druids (and JAY & SIDESHOW BOB) back to the CHILL ZONE STAGE at BUSFEST.
They will be sharing their brew, including material from their LATEST Album.
ANDY RICHARDS BAND
We wlecome back ANDY RICHARDS and his band to the CHILL STAGE
Daisy Chute is an American-Scottish folk singer and songwriter. A banjo-wielding multi-instrumentalist, her musical roots are born out of her transatlantic heritage and she writes award-winning intelligent songs with stories, performing them with spine-tingling vocals & intricate instrumentation.
Joe is a singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from Merseyside. His literate songwriting and accomplished guitar playing regularly moves listeners to tears and who's charismatic stage presence and engaging stories have entertained audiences all over the country and abroad.
Joe’s adventurous spirit has also seen him living in a pickup truck for the best part of a year in North America and also walking 1400 miles from Chicago to New Orleans with a guitar on his back! Joe reached the Semifinals of ITV’s The Voice in 2021 and was described by Sir Tom Jones as “a Weaver of Dreams!”.
Hannigan is a 26 year old traveling singer-songwriter. Drawing from his English and Irish heritages, he has created a sound that can only be defined as his own.
Settling into an acoustic soulful folk rock genre he writes honestly, inspired by the ever changing world around him.
THE DANCE STAGE
We are very pleased to have Grammy Winning producer & EDM wizzard LEE DAGGER (Aka BIMBO JONES) as DJ for our BUSFEST DANCE STAGE
A bit about LEE
• Grammy winning record producer
• Billboard No 1 artist
• Best dj award - sydney Australia beating David Guetta & Deadmau5
• U.K. number 1 Co producer of Meck feat Leo Sayer - thunder in my heart again.
• Over 88 Dance number 1’s
• Official remixer of Pink, Avicii, the Killers, Britney, Madonna, Rihanna, Lady Gaga
• Publishing deal with 19 entertainment
• Nominee in the ‘best remixer’ category 5 years in a row at the Miami winters
• One half of Bimbo Jones
• First ever live show was booked at the world famous Glastonbury Festival
• Lee Dagger’s music has been played and supported by Carl Cox, Nervo, Tiesto
and Pete Tong’s BBC radio 1 show
The DANCE Stage will be in operation 21.00 - 24.00 FRIDAY & SATURDAY Evenings
BUSFEST EVENING ENTERTAINMENT - POLICY
Our policy at BUSFEST is to provide entertainment across a wide section of genres, for all our guests. During the day, this is not too much of a problem, but at night, things change a bit.......We have to balance a fine line between providing 'Family' areas, as well as having areas that guests without children (over 60% of our attendees) can 'let their hair down' without worrying about offending sensitive minds. Each of our Stages is designed with different sections of our customer base in mind, and below is a description so people are aware of what type of entertainment is going on at each Stage, and whether it is sensible to take children to it.
Although we are not refusing entry to children to any of the Stages, some are more suitable than others for small children. Children (under 16) must still be accompanied by an adult (over 16) at ALL adult Stages. All our customers should be aware that certain stages have behaviour that may/will upset/disturb young impressionable minds and if you have children, you should question whether it is acceptable to take a child into that type of environment. This includes acts on the stage, as well as the punters attending, and may include swearing, pyrotechnics, VERY loud music, offensive lyrics, nudity, violence, upsetting images, smoke machines, lasers, etc:
- Severn Stage. Our main family Stage, with fun and frolics for all ages. (Family)
- Sheepshed Stage. Our Rock and Alternative Stage. (Adult)
- Chill Stage. Our laid-back chilled out Stage. (Family & DOGS)
- Dance Stage. Our pumping dance & trance Stage. (Adult)
- Main Street RADIO Stage. (Family)
What we are saying is:
"Any area that is designated 'Family' will be virtually guaranteed to be a safe environment, with customers and acts who are 'family friendly'. Any area that is designated 'Adult' cannot be guaranteed to be free from adult themes and behaviour, and, as a responsible parent/carer, you should carefully consider before taking young/impressionable children into that environment".
Dogs & Evening Entertainment Venues
We do not recommend that any dogs should be submitted to the noise and stress of the evening entertainment environments
1. Dogs WILL be permitted @ OUTDOOR Entertainment Zones.
2. Dogs WILL be permitted inside the BUSFEST HUB
3. Dogs are NOT permitted inside the main part of the SEVERN HALL during the evening entertainments.