BUSFEST NEWS - JUNE 2021
BUSFEST NEWS – JUNE 2021
Following our latest planning meeting, we can confirm that we are now fully committed to producing a Busfest festival this year, with full regard, and subject to, the regulations that are currently, and may still be, in force at the time.
All the 'rolled-over' passes from our postponed 2020 festival are still valid for the 2021 festival, along with the additional passes that are currently being sold through our website and will be capped at the total amount of people allowed at an event, which presently stands at 4,000 paying customers. As and when these conditions and regulations change, we will adapt our quantities and festival content accordingly.
If you are one of the clubs which attend Busfest, and are on our current listing, please note that you have just 2 weeks from now (until Monday June 14th) to get your club allocation complete. If you do not reach your allocation by then, any remaining tickets from your allocation will be transferred to other camping areas so we are able to fully utilise our site allocation.
All existing pass holders MUST ensure that the vehicle registration number logged at the time of the purchase, matches that of the vehicle that you are bringing, or you will be refused entry. If you have or will have changed your vehicle since purchase, you can log into your Busfest account and change it online up to two weeks before Busfest.
All rolled-over pass holders, and newly purchased pass holders will receive a QR code via the email address that was used for the purchase, about two weeks before Busfest. This code can be printed or saved to your phone. Upon arrival at your specified gate, the code will be scanned, voided, and exchanged for your camping pass and personal wristbands. All information, including which gate to head for, will be included in that email.
Passes are unique and must include ALL persons in the vehicle that you have booked, and are non-transferable, for obvious reasons. So please don't buy Busfest passes from anywhere other than the Busfest website - they will be invalid, and you will be turned away.There is also no facility for any additional persons to enter 'on the day' as we must have a record of everyone on site, so all attendees must be pre-booked before arrival.
We are pulling out all the stops to bring you a Busfest event this year - one of only a handful of events that are actually going ahead - so please work with us on this one and help us by making sure that you are all 'above board' and up to date with your passes, registration numbers, regulations and (very importantly!) all your C-19 inoculations, before heading on-site.
Further updates and information will now follow on a regular basis, so keep your eyes peeled for them.
BUSFEST NEWS - APRIL 2021
The recently announced government 'pathway to normality' plan has brought an influx of early announcements of upcoming events and festivals for this summer and later on in the year. Although this is great news, and very encouraging for the industry and major festivals like ours, there is still a lot of planning to do.
- It is a thankless task for event organisers trying to predict and plan for whatever situation we think will all be in when we get to our event
- We are currently working strictly within the Government Guidelines which means restrictions apply and there are still many unknowns ahead
- Our site numbers are STILL limited to just 4000 persons per day at the event.
- Many larger events are gambling on the possibility that all restrictions on numbers and social distancing are going to be lifted.
There is still NO guarantee that this will happen after June 21st.
- We are taking a much more cautious approach to ensure we (and you) will be able to enjoy Busfest this year.
- This means our booking system ticket sales will (initially) be restricted to conform to existing (current) legislation and we will continue to follow the official government roadmap.
Our Booking System will open on APRIL 12th at 14.00hrs
When we are given the results of the Government “Review” on June 21st we will adjust our figures accordingly & make any other necessary changes.
By holding back now and acting sensibly within the rules we hope our event we will be able to proceed, whatever the June 21st announcements bring.
- If the 4000 limit remains in place, then we will still be fully prepared (and able) to go ahead & not have to turn away thousands of disappointed Busfesters because we have allowed overbooking to happen.
- If and when the 4000 per day limit is increased, we will then still have time to take more bookings before the event to whatever limit is set.
- If there is sufficient headroom on numbers, we will also open up our system for (advance booking) Day Visitors.
- If the result of the review on June 21st makes it impracticable (or impossible) for us to proceed with the event we will Rollover the event for another year. That decision will be made on or before July 31st.
- If you already have booked tickets from our rolled over (2020) event you are already included in this total. You will receive your tickets (electronically – By Email) whenever the event does go ahead.
- This does also mean that at the moment there are not that many tickets left (once we take the 2020 already booked totals into consideration) so please get your booking in as soon as possible or you may have to wait until June 21st (or miss out) depending on what decisions are made on that date.
- If we do have to make the decision to roll the event over to 2022 then all ticket holders will have 4 weeks from the announcement being made to apply for a refund (or your booking will be automatically rolled over to the 2022 date)
HOW WE’VE PREPARED TO REOPEN
We look forward to welcoming you back to the showground soon.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, crew, volunteers showground staff and local communities we have been working closely with the Showground Staff & Worcestershire Regulatory Services and have their full support to run our outdoor events at the Showground, with the following controlled measures in place:
- Reduced visitor numbers to allow for social distancing measures.
- The ability to purchase advanced e-tickets to guarantee entry.
- Parking & camping allowing for social distancing.
- New signage informing visitors of safety measures.
- Hand sanitiser stations situated throughout the showground.
- Designated toilet block entrance and exits.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Entry Point & Trade stand contactless payments (where possible)
- Vanfest Limited (BUSFEST) is committed to running a safe and controllable event with the implementation of covid Safety measures on-site, as regulated at the time of the event.
- Your safety and the safety of our Service Suppliers and Crew remain our main priority
- Due to uncertainty in Government and Council guidelines, for outdoor events, we reserve the right to adjust its content, postpone (rollover) or cancel the event.
- The final decisions will be made on JULY 31st (6 weeks before the event) when, we can then make an accurate judgment, and if required, have time to refund and halt the event build-up process.
We look forward to seeing you ALL back at Malvern for a BUSFEST REUNION
For more information on the background as to why we are following this path please refer to the Government Guidance for Events
Keep watching this space for further information and thanks for your continued patience and support.
STAY SAFE EVERYONE
BEST WISHES FROM THE BUSFEST CREW
BUSFEST NEWS – October 2020
We are excited to announce that Victoria Whitehouse’s Rattling Dubs show is now sponsored by BUSFEST! The worlds largest VW Transporter show!
This is an exciting partnership that will bring together VDubRadio and one of the most popular VW festivals anywhere in the world.
Each year BUSFEST is visited by thousands VW transporter fans from all over the world and is held in the picturesque setting of the Malvern Hills. From all terrain syncro/4motion courses, loads of entertainment, competitions to the biggest display of Aircooled and watercooled transporters you will ever see!
We are so excited and look forward to bringing you exclusive news and lots of fun along the way.
For more info on BUSFEST head on over to their Facebook page or Busfest.org now!
Tune in at 1000 every Sunday for Rattling Dubs. https://www.facebook.com/VDubRadio
Rattling Dubs; https://www.facebook.com/groups/rattlingdubs
This time of year we would be just about getting into full swing to start our two week build up and breakdown for this year’s event.
Our advance crew would already be on site at this stage getting things ready for arrival of the main crew from all over the UK & Germany & accepting many of the deliveries of equipment for the event.
I am sure that many of you out there would have been doing the same & getting yourselves (and your vehicles) ready for the annual migration to Malvern.
At the moment all we can do is keep remembering what fun time we have all had at Malvern and only imagine what we may have been getting up to this year and how we can all keep going for another year without any Busfest.
Well, we will give it our best as usual & one of the things you can do is to continue to support our wonderful BUSFEST TRADERS by checking out our BUSFEST 2020 VIRTUAL TRADERS MARKET which is located HERE. on our TRADERS PAGE.
It is a strange feeling…. .
This is the first time in (over) 25 years that I have not been heavily involved in producing & promoting. events throughout the year.
I am certainly feeling the withdrawal symptoms & have had to do a lot of other things to keep myself occupied & sane … (like doing all the “I have not got time to do that “ jobs around the house as well as renovating a Syncro or two!) … I have still managed to resist watching Game of Thrones!
I have really missed the event promotion “season”, socialising, crew meetings & hearing the usual “see you at Busfest” comments that would usually come up in conversations.
Postponing the Busfest event was one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make.
But it was the right one at the right time.
- It did clear the air and has removed some of the stress, uncertainty and speculation & allowed us all to now concentrate on the next step, which is to ensure we are able to bring you the full BUSFEST experience in 2021.
- The really good news is that most of you have opted to go with the “Rollover” option and kept your investments with us.
- This is very humbling and gives us the confidence (and funding) we need to keep the business going for another year.
- We have received positive feedback & support from all over the world.
- Most of our traders and Entertainment had also decided to stick with us for next year, …
- We will reopen our Advance Booking System in the New Year when we should all have a better picture as to what we will actually be able to do next year
So yeah bring it on! ……… , we are really going to have a good one in 2021
Thankyou ALL for sticking with us.
- We are also looking very closely as to how we will be able to operate (and survive) in the “New Normal”.
- There will be a few changes at the showground.
- We will also have to make some changes to conform with new regulations to allow us to operate next year.
- We are looking at new initiatives and ideas to make the best of the situation we now all find ourselves in.
- We may also be looking at ways & options of binging you the Busfest Experience a bit earlier next year. (as well as the September event)
So yes, we are putting a positive outlook on things
If you are still feeling a bit glum & in need a bit of a BUSFEST “FIX“
Take a look at some of the BUSFEST (and Vanfest ) MEMORIES & things we have got up to in the past.
I have updated our album listings.
To all of our wonderful BUSFEST CREW, Traders & Supporters everywhere…
Virtual Hugs to you all.
We are looking forward to the time we will all be able to get together again and socialise properly.
So Tonight … I am having a few drinks & reminiscing about times past and looking towards the future when we will all be able to get together again.
On behalf of all of our Busfest Exec Team looking forward to a more positive future
BUSFEST MEDIA INDEX
VANFEST – ALBUMS
BUSFEST – ALBUMS
BERLIN BUS FESTIVAL - ALBUMS
Busfest 2019 – Albums
Busfest 2018 – Albums
Busfest 2017 – Albums
Busfest 2016 – Albums
Busfest 2015 – Albums
Busfest 2014 – Albums
Busfest 2013 – Albums
Busfest 2012 – Albums
BUSFEST BUILD UP ALBUMS
BUSFEST TRADERS – ALBUMS
PAST YEARS - BUSFEST (AND VANFEST) PHOTO ALBUMS & VIDEO CLIPS
SHOW & SHINE – ALBUMS
SYNCRO ZONES – ALBUMS
COOKING IN A CAMPER – ALBUMS
DISPLAYS – ALBUMS
ENTERTAINMENT – ALBUMS
AWARDS CEREMONY – ALBUMS
Busfest 2019 Aerial Pictures
Cooking in a Camper Gallery
Show and Shine Gallery
BUSFEST 2020 STATEMENT – July 3rd 2020
To all our dear friends, festival-goers, customers and supporters.
The day has finally come that we hoped, wished and prayed would never come, and it is with a very heavy heart that we have to inform you that we must regrettably postpone Busfest 2020 until September 2021.
Despite battling for months to keep everything alive, outside forces, third party developments, along with some unrealistic restrictions that we would have had to adhere to, have made our festival impossible to carry on being produced in a workable, useable, sociable and financially secure manner this year.
We have now reached the point where we have had to make a firm decision based on this information, and the W.H.O. and UK government guidelines that we have to work to. There are still just too many hurdles still to overcome and no clear timeline as to when any of these will be cleared in the foreseeable future.
You have told us how much you all hoped and wanted us to be able to go ahead, and along with you, we've kept a positive and optimistic outlook these past few weeks because, for many reasons, we wanted to be able to do just that...............
We wanted to go ahead – to give you, our loyal fan-base, something to look forward to. A 'light at the end of the tunnel'. An exciting and enjoyable end to what has been a miserable year.
We wanted to go ahead - to support the hundreds of traders that have had a disastrous year and are desperate to trade.
We wanted to go ahead - to support The Three Counties Showground and its staff who have had a disastrous year and are also desperate to open up and get back in business again.
We wanted to go ahead - to support the local shops, businesses and wider community who benefit from thousands of you shopping with them, eating and drinking in their pubs and restaurants, staying at their campsites, hotels, B&Bs, visiting their premises and attractions, etc.
We wanted to go ahead - to give jobs to the hundreds of crew, support workers, artists, businesses and suppliers, up and down the country, who we employ or contract every year, and who rely on Busfest as one of their major sources of income.
It saddens us that we now cannot fulfil any of these needs and wishes this year.
What happens now?
If you have already purchased your passes, these will be automatically transferred over to the new postponed show dates next year (September 10th, 11th, 12th). This will enable you to have guaranteed places at Busfest 2021 at the 2020 price you have already paid.
Any tickets that are purchased for the 2021 festival when our online booking office opens in early January, will be at the (yet to be published) 2021 prices.
There will be NO 'Early-Bird' discount passes for Busfest 2021.
Refunds will of course be available to those that require them, but as an independent festival, we would appreciate it if you could opt for the roll-over option if possible, and know that you are safely booked in and therefore guaranteed a place at the next Busfest. It also assists us greatly in planning next year's festival by having this advanced knowledge.
If you require a refund, these can be applied for up to 31st July 2020 by emailing email@example.com, and they will be processed in due course.
Please note; We will need your Name , Order Number & Email Address to be able to process the refund request.
Once again, we thank you for joining us with your optimism and support. If one good thing comes from all of this, it's that we will have one hell of a party with you all next September, and you're already booked in for it!. Full updates are also available on our website www.busfest.org
Keep well, Keep safe. We will live to fight another day.
We WILL have another outstanding festival lined up for you again NEXT year, so don't miss out on your chance to get hold of what will be very much sought after tickets!
With more attractions yet to be announced, here's a taste of what you can expect:
ROLL ON 2021
After the success of last years addition of a new catering area in the Chill Zone, we will again have our STREET FOOD VILLAGE at the festival this year. This is located between the Chill Stage and the Pamper Zone.
This is in addition to our two other main catering villages situated on Main Street outside Severn Hall, and Trade Village opposite the Sheepshed Stage. With everything from Fish & Chips, Hand made Pizza, Sushi, Vegetarian, Curry, Burgers, Carvery, Burritos, Paninis, Doughnuts, Mexican, to name a few......
We also have The Stockman's Restaurant over by the Avon & Wye Halls serving a full carvery and A la carte menu, and Food for Thought in the Severn Hall offering snack foods.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRICING STRUCTURE OR THE QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF ANY FOOD SERVED!
CamperVin will once again be serving you a variety of beverages from their collection of converted vehicles that are dotted around the site.
With over 300 trade plots, our Trade Village is by far the biggest of any of the festivals. It takes a day just to go round this part of the festival!
Bringing their unique style of mayhem to Busfest, we welcome back THE 2MEN. Keep an eye out for them - they'll certainly be looking for you! We will also be welcoming our wandering dinosaurs, who will be mingling amongst you.
BUSFEST SYNCRO 35 2020 is the 35th anniversary of the introduction of the T3 Syncro. The Busfest Syncro Zone is the largest gathering of VW T3 Syncros anywhere in the UK. We are aware that there may be some other “European” Syncro 35 celebrations happening, but one thing you can be sure of is that here in the UK we will also be celebrating the SYNCRO 35 in the Syncro Zone at Busfest 2020.
PAMPER ZONE incorporating the MAN CAVE.
Located in it's new permanent home, slap bang in the middle of the Trade Village, our oasis of style, comfort and pampering will be running throughout the weekend. The ladies are well catered for, but this year, following on from it's inaugural success last year, we welcome back THE MAN CAVE. situated in a separate area of the Pamper Zone, and kitted out in style, for all your male needs.
- The Pamper Zone and Man Cave will offer:
- Massage Parlour.
- Facials. (Men & Women)
- Eyebrow Threading.
- Make-up Artists.. (Full, part, tuition, advice)
- Body Art.
- Temporary Tattoos.
- Hair Braiding.
- Ladies’ Hair Styling.
- Men's Hair Grooming.
- Men's Barbers (Beard Care)
- Relaxation .
- Nail Bar.
- Holistic Therapies.
- Yoga/Pilates sessions.
- Well-being advice and instruction.
- Products for sale, as well as samples, instruction, tuition.
We welcome the JEZ AVERY STUNT SHOW to our Main Arena - One show, 4 different vehicles!
The best bits of Jez Avery's 30 years experience on the outdoor event circuit...An amazing show on 4 wheels , 2 wheels,1 wheel and even on No wheels!!
Wheelies, stoppies, drifting, doughnuts, precision driving, two wheel driving and the all new roll over quad...Jez performs all his own stunts while delivering his famous commentary keeping everyone entertained and laughing along... So get your camera's ready for this spectacular show with audience participation. Doing two shows every day, you will have plenty of opportunity to catch this amazing show which is particularly poignant as Busfest will be the last live show that Jez will ever do, as he is retiring from the live show aspect of the business
We have SIX music stages at Busfest 2020:
SEVERN STAGE.(Our main family stage)
Friday 20.00 - midnight.
The show where YOU are the star! Get on stage and sing any song 'karaoke style' but with a full rock band supporting you! Yes, it's the welcome return (after seven years) of the one and only ROCKAOKE, who will be belting out all your favorite hits while you're deciding if you've got the nerve to get up there or not. Go on! You know you want to!
Saturday 20.00 - Midnight.
Get out yer dayglo and whistles! The one and only ROCK THE 90's will be transporting you all back to the heady dance days of the 90's, playing all the well known and loved hits of the decade. Tune!
MARQUEE STAGE.(Our main adult stage)
Please note: The Marquee Stage is an adult venue and not suitable for children. Although we do not 'ban' children from this venue, the nature of the clientele and acts within would preclude any sensible and responsible parent from attempting to take a child into this environment.
Friday 20.00 - Midnight.
As part of their world tour, we bring you the masters of The Hacienda, and electro/dance/house specialists K-KLASS. Everyone knows their major hits "Rhythm Is a Mystery" and "Let Me Show You" and, along with some fine tuneage from our resident ANDEEJAY, the Marquee Stage will be 'bangin' with this spectacular show.
Saturday 20.00 - Midnight.
The BIG one! Our 'DIVA PARTY NIGHT'
Hosted and compered by the one and only BLOBBIE WILLIAMS, who will be doing his hilarious audience participation 'TAKE FAT' show, and introducing the top MADONNA and TINA TURNER acts. With our fantastic dancers, and ANDEEJAY providing the tuneage, this is going to be four hours of non-stop adult party fun and frolics! Oh, and if you're that way inclined, there's going to be a top prize given out on the night to the best female AND male! Madonna/Tina Turner lookalike in the audience.
SHEEPSHED STAGE.(Adult stage)
The Sheepshed Stage will have Rock, Ska, Punk, and Alternative from DEVIOUS, SKACASM and many more bands yet to be announced.
CHILL STAGE.(Family Stage)
The Chill Stage will have laid back folk rock with TIM RANDALL, DRUIDS BREW, ANDY RICHARDS, and many more guests to be announced.
DANCE STAGE.(Adult Stage)
Pumping Dance, Trance, Club and EDM at the Dance Stage with KWEENONY and their fantastic Party Bus, with DJ PETE, DJ FATD, LEE DAGGER/BIMBO JONES and special guest DJ's.
RADIO STAGE.(Family Stage)
New for this year - VDub Radio will be on Main Street with their Roadshow Rig and Studios, doing live sessions, interviews, guest appearances, fun & frolics, and giveaways!
And we also have all this...........
• VEHICLE SALES
• INDOOR & OUTOOR DISPLAYS
• WELL TRAVELLED TRANSPORTERS
• ALTERNATIVE ENGINES
• CLUB DISPLAYS
• BEST THEMED CLUB CAMPING PLOT
• SPLIT SCREEN ALLEY – 50 SHADES OF BAY
• WEDGE STREET – T4’S GALORE – T5’S ALIVE
• SYNCRO ZONE (CELEBRATING SYNCRO 35)
• BUSFEST GAMES
• BUSFEST CHARITY AUCTION
• SHOW & SHINE • COOKING IN A CAMPER
• ANIMAL ANTICS
• GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND
• JENNINGS FUNFAIR
• CHILDREN'S ENTERTAINERS
• CHILDREN'S TALENT SHOW
• FACE PAINTERS
• BUSFEST CINEMA
• SYNCRO TRIAL & SYNCRO OBSTACLE COURSE
ADVANCE BOOKING SYSTEM CAMPING TICKETS FOR BUSFEST 2021 WILL BE ON SALE AGAIN IN JANUARY
- BEFORE you can order your tickets you will need to open NEW ACCOUNT, as all previous accounts have been removed due to an upgrade.
- You will also need to verify your email address when opening your account.
- We have introduced NEW ticket prices from MARCH 1st.
- Our POSTAL booking System (via Downloadable form or Busfest Leaflet Booking Form) will be available from March 1st.
- When you place your order you should receive a Confirmation Email from ourselves. If your payment is successful you should also receive a confirmation Email from Worldpay.
- We will send out Electronic Email Tickets 2 WEEKS prior to the event.
- You will be able to make amendments to your account (Vehicle registration Number Changes etc) up until that point. (2 weeks prior to the event)
If you went to this years event (or just want to see a few pictures or video's of previous events) we have now completed posting up all the albums of pictures of this years event.
They can be viewed by clicking on links in this index.
BUSFEST 2019 – “OFFICIAL” VIDEO CLIP (FACEBOOK)
BUSFEST 2019 - "OFFICIAL" VIDEO CLIP (YOUTUBE)
BUSFEST 2019 - AERIAL PICTURES (FACEBOOK)
BUSFEST 2019 PICTURE ALBUMS & VIDEOS
BUSFEST SYNCRO 35
THIS YEAR (2020) it was supposed to be 35 YEARS since the introduction of the T3 Syncro.
The Busfest SYNCRO ZONE is the largest gathering of VW T3 Syncro's in the UK.
We are aware that there well may be some other “European” Syncro 35 celebrations were cgoing to be happening but have now all been cancelled.
We are doing a ROLLOVER due to Covid 19 so one thing you can be sure of as well is that here in the UK we will also be celebrating SYNCRO 35 BIG Time in the SYNCRO ZONE at Busfest 2021.
Come and cellebrate the Rebel 1's 35th Birthday with us,
We are planning to do a whole lot of new Syncro items for the event next year.
We have (another) fantastic off road area (on site!) to add to our SYNCRO TRIAL NEXT year.
BUSFEST - DOGS
Many of you who come to Busfest bring dogs with you.
We generally do not have a problem with that, as most of you are responsible dog owners who control and clear up after your animals.
But every now and again things start to get out of hand, and we must remind you that being able to bring your dogs to Busfest is a privilege not a given. Many events at this showground and others do not allow dogs on site anymore.
In the past we have come close to banning dogs at the event, but instead have introduced policies that have avoided that.
We now have a “Dog Free” Camping area and have an exclusion policy for dogs in the enclosed evening entertainment venues.
But now we are (again) having to revisit this subject again as the sheer number of dogs attending the event and the behaviour of them (and some of their owners) is causing quite a few problems.
In particular, within the Trade areas. Dogs and their owners are NOT all acting responsibly, and we have had numerous incidents of dogs soiling traders stock and stands and owners not even attempting to control their dogs.
This cannot (and will not) be tolerated any more so we will be introducing new initiatives at Busfest 2020 to deal with this problem.
We are now just one step away from banning Dogs from our trade stand areas & ultimately 2 steps away from excluding them from the event completely.
The new measures will include introducing (and enforcing) the same rules and policies regarding how dogs/animals interface with "normal" high steet shops.
This means that dogs will NOT be permitted to enter within any trade stand plot area (or enter any tradestand marquees/gazebo's) ie they must remain on the walkways.
It is going to be another good one folks..
SEE YOU THERE!.
The BUSFEST CREW.
BUSFEST is very pleased to announce that A-PLAN Insurance will again be our MAIN SPONSORS
A PLAN offer a wide range of Private, Specialist & Commercial Vehicle Insurance services.
We look forward to working closely with Dan Cameron from the Thatcham A-Plan Crew this year to bring those services closer to you!....