Types of Camping
BUSFEST CAMPING TYPES
ALL attendees of Busfest MUST book a camping plot at the same time as buying their adult passes. If you don't have a camping plot, you can only come in as a Day Visitor and will need to find your own campsite off-site.
Please ensure that you book the correct campsite at the time of booking!
Most of the General camping area is located to the North of the Showground. There is limited on site General Camping.
All camping unit spaces will be aprox 7m x7m. Please ensure you book/pay for enough space for your camping unit.
To help you choose the correct area to camp in, here is some info on our camping areas:
- GENERAL CAMPING (YELLOW CAMPSITES) are 'General' areas for those of you that don't fall into the other categories.
- FAMILY CAMPING (BROWN CAMPSITES) are 'Family' areas that for families (or persons) who want a quieter area to camp.
These Areas are located to the west of the showground away from the evening entertainment & are designed for people with children. This area should be quiet and orderly. Please ensure you respect this.
- DISABLED CAMPING (GREEN CAMPSITES) are for disabled customers who require assistance.
We have a set number of spaces available at a special with electric hook ups for disabled persons. These must be pre-booked. There is an additional charge for the electric hook up.
- DOG FREE FAMILY CAMPING ZONE (ORANGE CAMPSITE) is a 'dog free' camping area.
Especially for families who do not wish to share facilities with our canine friends. (this area is limited to just 230 CAMPING units so book early to avoid disappointment)
- CLUB CAMPING (BLUE CAMPSITES) are for Clubs ONLY. To qualify for Club camping, you need to be a registered club, book a minimum of 10 pitches on your plot, and have Public Liability Insurance.
We have a set number of areas set aside within & around the showground for CLUBS who wish to camp together.
Priority is given to clubs who have been with us & supported us in the past. We try and maintain a good balance between the area we allocate for Clubs & General family Camping so there is a limit of the number of clubs we can accommodate.
Contact our CAMPING MANAGER (soon!) for more info on availability. (email@example.com).
ALL clubs are asked when requesting a club plot to submit a copy of their Public Liability Insurance. Like it or not Health & Safety is an issue which will continue to involve ALL of us at BUSFEST.
- Clubs should use their Booking CODE Word when making their bookings to verify that they are genuine members. (Club Reps are responsible for distibuting Club Camping codes - we cannot verify club memberships)
All Clubs are requested to carry out a RISK ASSESSMENT of their plots & asked to pitch up/park sensibly for their safety and of everybody who may (inadvertently or not) happen to stray on to their plot. It is each clubs responsibility to ensure they have sufficient Fire Points/Extinguishers on their plot and also make sure that their members behave themselves whilst they are with us.
BEST THEMED CLUB CAMPING PLOT
Many of the clubs who attend the event are very much into dressing up their plots (and themselves). We offer a prize for the Best Themed Club Plot.
Busfest Future Dates
2023 8th - 10th September
2024 6th - 8th September