SHOWGROUND SITE INFORMATION
BUSFEST is held at the THREE COUNTIES SHOWGROUND, MALVERN. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty, with clear views of the Malvern Hills, we believe we have the best backdrop for any event in the country. Located approximately 8 miles from the M5 and M50 motorways
- The Showground is easily accessible. Simply follow the brown signs for the showground from all the main routes. Postcode is WR13 6NW.
- The Showground site has excellent facilities, toilets showers large halls, restaurant & mobile caterers.
- During the event we should have most of what you need on site to meet your needs for the weekend. (including shops selling basic provisions & Cash points).
How to get to the Showground follow this LINK
360 degree view of BUSFEST SITE
Useful VISITOR info on this LINK
We look forward to welcoming you to the showground soon.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, crew, volunteers showground staff and local communities we have been working closely with the Showground Staff & Worcestershire Regulatory Services and have full support to run our outdoor events at the Showground, with the following controlled measures in place:
- Reduced visitor numbers to allow for social distancing measures.
- The ability to purchase advanced e-tickets to guarantee entry.
- Parking & camping allowing for social distancing.
- New signage informing visitors of safety measures.
- Hand sanitiser stations situated throughout the showground.
- Designated toilet block entrance and exits.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Entry Point & Trade stand contactless payments (where possible)
BEFORE YOU COME TO BUSFEST (OR THE SHOWGROUND)
We would ask that if (when we get to the actual event time) you or any member of your household displays any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19;
- a high temperature
- a new persistent cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell.
- a loss or change to your sense of taste.
Then please refrain from visiting the showground
- Vanfest Limited (BUSFEST) is committed to running a safe and controllable event with the implementation of covid Safety measures on-site, as regulated at the time of the event.
- Due to (continuing) uncertainty in Government and Council guidelines, for outdoor events, we reserve the right to postpone (rollover) or cancel the event.
- Your safety and the safety of our Service Suppliers and crew remain our main priority
- The final decisions will be made on JULY 31st (6 weeks before the event) when, we can then make an accurate judgment, and if required, have time to refund and halt the event build-up process.
- We look forward to seeing you ALL back at Malvern for a BUSFEST REUNION
TRAVELLING & ARRIVING AT BUSFEST
PLEASE; When you come to the event:
- Follow the designated AA Route signs to the Showground (Not your Sat Navs) & try and arrive before 23.00hrs.
- Please respect the privacy (and quiet) of the local villages & community when you travel to/from the site.
- DO NOT wild camp on any local COMMON LAND. (We and the local council will take action against anyone wild camping on common land).
- The Main Gates will not be open to general public or camping until 10.00 on Friday 10th September. & will be shut overnight 24.00 – 09.00.
- Please NOTE; The Brown Gate will shut at 20.00 hrs on the Friday Evening.
- Only Traders and designated early arrival pass holders will be allowed on site before that time.
- DAY VISITORS can attend the EVENING ENTERTAINMENTS but please note that you must exit the site at midnight All gates will be closed @ 00.30hrs.
There will be DISABLED DRIVERS AREAS available at; South Car Park, South Pedestrian Gate & Yellow Gate.
Please note that there will not be any ON SITE disabled parking available (or Vehicle movements - other than official Vehicles) within the MAIN SITE once the event is open to the General Pubic
CAMPERS ARRIVING AT BUSFEST
These are the joining instructions for CAMPERS which will be coming with your TICKETS & PASSES which will be sent out from the end of JULY.
- Please be aware that we use a “Ticketless” electronic system.
- Once you have booked and paid for your Adult Weekend Pass and Weekend Camping Pass, you will get a confirmation from WorldPay by Email (on behalf of Vanfest Ltd) which confirms your purchase.
- Nearer to the festival you will be emailed a QR code to the email address registered to your purchase, which you can either print off or save to your phone
- Can you please print off the QR Coded ticket(s) we send you as this will make the scanning process so much easier (and Quicker) when you do get to the scanning positions.
- This QR code will be scanned when you arrive at your designated gate and once cleared, you will be issued wristbands and camping pass.
This system is used at all major festivals worldwide and helps us to bring you a more secure, reliable and personally tailored experience at our festival, as well as reducing time, costs and consumables.
- Follow the AA Signage to the Three Counties Showground, Malvern (not your Sat Navs).
- Gates will open at 10.00 on FRIDAY 9th SEPTEMBER & 09.00 Saturday & Sunday.
- Please do NOT turn up at the Show ground before these times.
- Make sure you have your windscreen Camping Unit Pass displayed AS you enter the site.
- If you have ordered more than one pass & tickets (i.e, for your friends/relations) PLEASE make sure they too have their own passes & tickets before they get to the showground.
- ALL tickets will be exchanged for WRISTBANDS once you get to the site.
- GENERAL CAMPING TICKETS enter through the YELLOW GATE
- DOG FREE CAMPING AREA please enter through YELLOW GATE.
- FAMILY CAMPING OR DISABLED AREA CAMPING TICKETS FOLLOW ROUTE THROUGH the DAY VISITORS CAR PARK TO THE BROWN GATE BANDING STATION.
- CLUBS please use BROWN GATE (except those with SPECIFIC instructions to use alternative entrance)
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THOSE OF YOU HEADING TO BROWN GATE. FOLLOW THE ROUTE & SIGNAGE THROUGH THE DAY VISITOR CAR PARK TO THE BROWN GATE BANDING STATION. PLEASE NOTE WE CLOSE BROWN GATE AT 20.00 ON FRIDAY (ARRIVE BEFORE 20.00 )
- DISABLED Camping area is near Friesian Hall enter through BROWN GATE
- WEEKEND DAY VISITOR TICKETS park in DAY VISITOR CAR PARK (SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY)
BUSFEST - FOOD & DRINK
We sometimes get a lot of comments about the food or food outlets we have with us at BUSFEST
Just to give you the “heads up” so you know what we have got and where it is so you can make your own minds up as to where you want to eat and what the food choices are.
- The STOCKMANS RESTAURANT at the rear of the Avon & Wye Halls
- A “FOOD for THOUGHT Café in the Severn Hall
- FOUR main FOOD VILLAGES - (Severn Hall, Trade, Chill Zone, Busfest Hub/Winter Wonderland)
- PLUS a few other individual food/dring outlets around the site.
- A Shop Selling Basic Provisions
These are the types of food & drink vendors we are expecting this year that you are likely to find on the site, at the Food Villages and at other locations on site.
The Stockman’s Restaurant
This is a fully licenced (fixed building) sit down restaurant (with Bar) located at the South end of the site at the rear of the Avon & Wye Halls. It serves very good food throughout the weekend. It does excellent breakfasts and also does a 3 meat carvery.
- If you have never tried this one before, give it a try, it really is a good place to have a meal.
- Please note there is also a VEGAN menu at the Stockmans
Food for Thought Café
This is a snack bar type venue located at the South end (arena side) of the Severn Hall.
- It also serves very good food (especially cooked breakfasts) and hot & cold Drinks
SEVERN food village
- Lavazza Italian Coffee
- Greek Wraps & Baguettes
- Burgers, Sausages & Fries
- Seafood/Fish & Chips
- Noodle Bar
- Panini & Pasta
- Crepes & Doughnuts
- Tea, Hot & Cold Drinks
- CamperVin Bar (Plus an additional Bar inside the Severn Hall)
- German Sausage & Currywurst
- Coffee/Tea & Cakes
TRADE (SHEEPSHED) food village
- Smokey Joes Burgers & Fries
- Halapino Burger Bar
- Lavazza Italian Coffee
- Taleeki Wagon
- Campervin Draught Bar
CHILL ZONE food village
- Jacket Potato
- "Vedge Out" Vegan & Vegetarian Food
- FISH BAY
- CamperVin Cocktail Bar
- “O”’s Coffee
- RH Cakes
- East Side of SEVERN HALL
- Most Wanted Wines
- World of Sweets
- “Roastery Van” (Coffee) – Inside Avon Hall
- Another 5 Ice Cream vans located around the site. (Avon/Wye Halls, Friesian Hall, Severn Hall, red Toilet Block, South Day Gate)
BUSFEST & RUBBISH
Those are words not usually heard in the same sentence.
- Following the lead of many Festivals this year both our Food & Bar Contractors on Site (Severn Valley & Campervin) are both very pleased to announce that they are BOTH Already 100% compliant with the NON USE of ONE USE plastics!.
- Severn Valley has been one of the leading catering companies to pioneer the use of entirely biodegradable products.
- All of our Bars (Operated by CAMPERVIN) will be using reusable recyclable “Green” Goblets for their drinks.
- Our own Busfest Crew are also encouraged not to use one use plastic for drinks etc.
- We also use biodegadable products (Lots of Biodegradable Barrier Tape!)
- We would like to encourage EVERYONE coming to Busfest to think along the same lines & bring & use recyclable products during the event. We have ample (Drinking) water points all around the showground where you can refill water containers.
Let’s all see if we can reduce the waste footprint that is normally left behind. (at some of the previous events we have had to dispose of or recycle over 40 Tonnes of Waste!)
BUSFEST - DOGS
Many of you who come to Busfest bring dogs with you. We generally do not have a problem with that, as most of you are responsible dog owners who control and clear up after your animals. But every now and again things start to get out of hand, and we must remind you that being able to bring your dogs to Busfest is a privilege not a given.
We are having to revisit this subject again as the sheer number of dogs attending the event and the behaviour of them (and some of their owners) is causing quite a few problems. In particular, within the Trade areas, dogs and their owners are NOT all acting responsibly, and we have had numerous incidents of dogs soiling traders stock and stands and owners not even attempting to control their dogs.
In the past we have come close to banning dogs at the event, but instead have introduced policies that have avoided that.
- We now have a “Dog Free” Camping area.
- We have an exclusion policy for dogs in the enclosed evening entertainment venues.
- We have introduced "Pooch Bands" For Dogs so we can hopefull reunite them with their owners when they do go astray.
- Many events at this showground and others do not allow dogs on site anymore.
- We are now just one step away from becoming a Dog Free site so PLEASE ensure you and your animals are kept under control and use the Dog Waste Bins provided.
The Busfest Crew Support
Volkswagen UK (South Hereford Garages)
Berlin Bus Festival
Busfest Future Dates
2023 8th - 10th September
2024 6th - 8th September